Desktop Applications & Cloud Software Provider
This policy explains what you can expect from us and what we need from you in relation to your personal data. Please read this carefully as this policy is legally binding when you use our Services. Check the Customer Agreement for the meaning of defined words (those with capital letters).
For the purpose of the relevant data protection regulations, Sooya Software are the “data controller” of your information. If you have any questions about how we protect or use your data, please contact us.
1. How do we protect your personal information
- We are serious about guarding the security of your personal information and use a secure server to store your personal information. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Transport Layer Security technology. We do not store your credit card information.
- As you will know, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We restrict access of your personal information to those employees of Sooya Software who have a business reason for knowing such information. We continuously educate and train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy of customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal information from unauthorised access.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and use the following data about you:
2.1 Information you provide us.
- You may give us information about you when you sign up to use our service, e.g. when you provide us with your personal details, such as your name and email address. This also includes information you provide through your continued use of our Services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website or App, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information (including credit card, debit card, or bank account information), payment reason, geographical location, social security number, personal description and photograph.
2.2 Information we collect about you.
We may automatically collect the following information:
- details of the transactions you carry out when using our Services, including geographic location from which the transaction originates;
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website or App (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our Customer Support number.
2.3 Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also may receive information about you from our third parties partners.
2.4 Information from social media networks.
4. How do we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations relating to your contract with us and to provide you with the information, products and services;
- to comply with any applicable legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure;
- to administer our Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Services and to ensure that they are presented in the most effective manner;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- to provide you with information about other similar goods and services we offer;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you; or
- to combine information we receive from other sources with the information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
5. Disclosure of your information
5.1 We do not share your information with any third party:
- your personal information and your customers' information will not be shared with third parties; or
- your personal information and your customers' information will not be sold or traded.
5.2 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Customer Agreement and other applicable agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sooya Software, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to assist us in conducting or co-operating in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity where we believe it is reasonable and appropriate to do so;
- to prevent and detect fraud or crime;
- in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or as otherwise required by law;
- to assess financial and insurance risks;
- to recover debt or in relation to your insolvency; and
5.3 Third parties:
- We do not have a published list of all of the third parties with whom we deal with, as this would be heavily dependant on your specific use of our Services. However, if you would like further information about third parties that whome we deal with, or to be provided with a list specific to You, you can request this by writing to us.
6. Where we store your personal data
7. Sharing your data
- We do not share your data and your customers' data with third parties as outlined in section 5.1.
8. Profiling and Decision Making
- We may use some instances of your data in order to customise our Services and the information we provide to you, and to address your needs, we may use this information to inform you of new product updates or features that may be useful for you. When we do this, we take all necessary measures to ensure that your privacy and security are protected - and we only use pseudonymised data where ever possible. This activity has no legal effect on you.
- As part of being a highly technical and innovative company, we may use Automated Decision Making (ADM) in order to improve your experience, so that we can provide you with a fast and efficient service, we may use ADM to verify your identity documents, or to confirm the accuracy of the information you have provided to us. None of our ADM processes have a legal effect on you.
9. Data Retention
- Sooya Software is required by law to store some of your personal and transactional data beyond the closure of your account with us. Your data is only accessed internally on a need to know basis, and it will only be accessed or processed if absolutely necessary.
- We will always delete data that is not longer required by a relevant law or jurisdiction in which we operate.
- Retention periods defined for the storage of your data depends on the relevant laws and regulations.
10. Your rights
- You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes by contacting us.
- You have the right to correct any personal information We hold on you that is inaccurate, incorrect, or out of date.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your data when it is no longer necessary, or no longer subject to a legal obligation to which Sooya Software is subject to.
- You have the right to transfer your personal data between data controllers, for example, to move your account details from one online platform to another.
- Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for them. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11. Access to information
- Subject to applicable laws, you may have the right to access information we held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation.
- If you feel that we have not addressed your questions or concerns adequately, you may make a complaint with the relevant data protection legislation agency.