Taxable Payment Annual Report

Businesses and government entities who make payments to contractors may need to report these payments and lodge a Taxable payments annual report (TPAR). Contractors can include subcontractors, consultants and independent contractors. They can operate as sole traders (individuals), companies, partnerships or trusts.

A TPAR must be lodged by 28 August each year.

Which industries need to submit a TPAR?

Not every business needs to complete a taxable payment each year, as it's an industry-specific requirement.
The types of businesses required to submit a taxable payment include:

Taxable Payment is disabled, how would I activate this feature for a client?

By default, the Taxable Payment Annual Report is disabled for all clients, follow the next steps to enable Taxable Payment for client:

In this guide, you will see how to prepare and lodge a taxable payment

Preparing a Taxable Payment

Follow the next steps to create and prepare a taxable payment annual report:

Here are few things that you need to know about the Taxable Payment window features:

to add an empty row
to delete selected payees from the list
to update payee's details
to select an existing payee
to import from an excel file
to import from a taxable payment file

Now lets add a payee to the list:

Managing a Taxable Payment Report

Now that you have added the taxable payment, here are few things that you could do with this report:

update pending report, lodged reports can not be updated
delete a pending report, lodged reports can not be deleted
copy the existing report into new taxable payment report
use this feature to amend lodged report to correct previous payees lodgement
lodge pending taxable payment report
print a copy of the taxable payment report

Amending Taxable Payment Report

When there is a need to correct previous lodgement for one or more payees, you must prepare new taxable payment report as an amendment report.
You should only include the payees that you want to make an amendment to the payees' details, you should remove all other payees from the list before lodging the amendment.